Thursday, February 4, 2010

Let the New You Begin

I love the "firsts" of each month. I feel invigorated by what I perceive as another new beginning~another opportunity to accomplish an unfinished list from the prior month, or in my case, begin my New Year's resolutions.


For over 15 years I and many other experts in the field of Positive Psychology, have been researching the complexities of happiness and overall well-being. It has been both fascinating and life-altering! Because it may seem a bit challenging/overwhelming to embark upon such an extensive research program I am going to attempt to share some of my key and instrumental findings with you. I will review valuable information that has so positively enhanced my life and so many lives around me and continue to gather new data from current research.


Much of our lives are spent focusing on the wrong issues and setting the wrong priorities. Quite frankly, the reason we do this is simple; we've never been "taught" how to direct or discipline our minds to focus on what really matters. Consequently, our inner strengths and potential are rarely realized and our lives fall short of our hopes and dreams. Scientific research, within the world of Positive Psychology, has proven each and everyone one of us has the ability to change our stubborn, old and ineffective ways, that often result in emotional anguish and despair, once we've been given the substantiated tools and techniques to do so. In fact, last year approximately 1500 students were enrolled in Harvard's most popular class, Positive Psychology; Secrets to Daily Joy and Lasting Fulfillment and reported the class improved the quality of their lives.


I find my mind is more useful when I am least mentally distracted which, most often, is late at night. My hope and goal is to provide you with daily, rather "nightly," messages, untold truths and valuable lessons that will change your world!


There's a new life that awaits you! Why don't you join me, without having to go to Harvard, in what just might be the most important journey of your life, learning the subject our educator's have overlooked and the one that matters the most; happiness!


"Everything changes when you have the burst of new belief." (Dr. Robert Schuller)


Stay tuned!


The Midnight Motivator




2 comments:

  1. Wow!! Awesome stuff! I personally can atest to what Joanne is saying.
    After many years of nightly conversations or rather therpy sessions, I
    can say Joanne change my life by retraining my way of thinking! It's
    profound in it's immediate impact! My life changed the second I
    changed my energy and thinking. I can assure you if you apply the
    strategies Joanne suggests in these blogs your life will be altered
    forever. To add to what Joanne mentioned earlier about the Harward
    class-West Point, one of the most prestigious schools in our country
    requires all their students to complete a postive pyschology course in
    order to graduate.
    Sorry for any typos I'm writing this on my iPhone!
    Jaclyn

    Jaclyn Workman

    Sent from my iPhone...sorry for any spelling or typo errors:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. On the lighter side of things...I found a great, inspirational quote from a retired Col. In the US Army, "Pants on da ground, pants on da ground, acting like a fool with your pants on da ground." ;)

    ReplyDelete