Monday, February 15, 2010

Feel Great/Be Great

There's no doubt that taking responsibility of your life, in all aspects, is the requirement, per se, to total body well-being. Making the decision to take control of your health, emotional and physical, is the first and most important step. The key to success is knowing this decision starts today and never ends, not even for a moment. When it comes right down to it, there's a sense of freedom associated with knowing, you're it; no longer can a person, place or thing influence who you are, where you are or what you're striving to become.

In my past articles I focused on our thoughts and feelings being crucial factors in one's overall health, the first step to lasting happiness. But the second and third "crucial factors" go hand in hand and cannot be ignored, diet and exercise.

In 2006, as I mentioned in my article, Learning Something New Everyday, my father passed away from lung cancer. What I didn't tell you was that the doctors discovered a "spot" on his lungs, during a short hospital stay, unrelated to cancer in November of '03 but didn't tell him about it until February of '05. The information got "misplaced." By the time he was told, the "spot" had grown into stage 4, with a 1.7% chance of survival. After I got over the shock, terror and anger, (actually, I've never totally gotten "over it") I began a crusade to save his life. Unfortunately, the cancer in my father had spread uncontrollably so even though my hours of research and devotion didn't save his life, they "saved" mine.

Through integrative doctors, Homeopaths, Acupuncturists, books, DVDs, support groups and seminars I discovered that much of the cause of our physical ailments directly stems from what we eat and our inactivity. You may think, as I did for most of my life, that you eat well and get plenty of exercise. It may shock you when you learn that most of what you eat is causing you more harm than good. In fact, many foods we've been led to believe are "healthy," are actually making us sick. Once I learned the truths about the food I once ate, I dramatically changed my diet, which consequently, changed my life.

We need energy to maximize this gift of life! It's impossible to map out a road to lasting happiness and well-being if we consistently feel sluggish, tired, overweight, chronic pain or dwell on "what's wrong," instead of "what's right." To begin your new healthy campaign and to have more energy than you ever dreamed possible, I recommend you read the book, "The China Study," by Dr. T. Colin Campbell. While you're reading, it's important to keep in mind this information is "findings from the most comprehensive study ever undertaken of the relationship between diet and the risk of developing disease." (The New York Times) In addition, included in The China Study are hundreds of publications from the most reputable scientific journals.

Tomorrow I will inform you of a few "musts" but please, don't delay, take the time and "learn" how-to "feel great" because when you do, it/you will "be great."

Stay tuned,

Midnight Motivator

No comments:

Post a Comment